Trade Copiers recognise the importance of doing what we can in helping to protect the environment, particularly with the stunning Lake District on our doorstep, and we want to ensure it will still be around for future generations to enjoy.
We are committed to operating our business efficiently and responsibly, and in compliance with all legal requirements. Our full time Environmental Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of our environmental responsibility, from recycling of waste paper to minimisation of utilities. We have an Environmental Management System in place, certified to the internationally recognised ISO 14001:2004 standard since 2012. In January 2016 we took the decision to upgrade our certification to the latest and more stringent ISO14001:2015 standard and we are proud to say that we were one of the first companies in our sector to have gained this certification.
Our Penrith warehouse has a well-established recycling and waste disposal system in place, from paper to plastics, and waste toner to empty aerosol cans. We ensure waste is segregated and either re-used or recycled where possible, using fully licensed waste companies.
Within all our activities, we are constantly working on preventing any extra burden being placed on the environment, continuously striving to reduce our environmental footprint by reducing waste and energy consumption.
TRADE COPIERS ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY
Trade Copiers Limited (the ‘Organisation’) recognises the importance of environmental protection and is committed to operating its business responsibly and in fulfilment of its compliance obligations relating to sales and service of photocopiers, printers and consumables, and other related products. It is the Organisation’s declared policy to operate with and to maintain good relations with all regulatory bodies.
It is the Organisation’s objective to carry out all measures reasonably practicable to meet, exceed or develop all necessary or desirable requirements, to protect the environment and to continually improve the Environmental Management System to enhance environmental performance through the implementation of the following:
- Assess and regularly re-assess the environmental effects of our activities
- Training of employees in environmental issues
- Minimise the production of waste
- Minimise material wastage
- Minimise energy wastage
- Promote the use of recyclable and renewable materials
- Reduce and/or limit the production of pollutants to water, land and air
- Control noise emissions from operations
- Minimise the risk to the general public and employees from operations and activities undertaken by ourselves
Top management demonstrates leadership and commitment with respect to the Environmental Management System by:
- Taking accountability for the effectiveness of the Environmental Management System
- Ensuring that the Environmental Policy and Environmental Objectives are established and are compatible with the strategic direction and the context of the Organisation
- Ensuring the integration of the Environmental Management System requirements into the Organisation’s business processes
- Ensuring that the resources needed for the Environmental Management System are available
- Communicating the importance of effective environmental management and of conforming to the environmental management system requirements
- Ensuring that the Environmental Management System achieves its intended outcomes
- Directing and supporting persons to contribute to the effectiveness of the environmental management system
- Promoting continual improvement
- Supporting other relevant management roles to demonstrate their leadership as it applies to their areas of responsibility.
This Policy is communicated to all employees, suppliers and sub-contractors and is made available to interested parties.